I love coffee and also pecan nuts they are a perfect mix for cupcakes
For the cupcakes -
- 100g/ 4oz butter or margarine (softened)
- 100g/ 4oz caster sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 100g/ 4oz self-raising flour, sieved
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons Camp coffee (chicory and coffee essence)
- 50g/ 2oz Chopped Pecan nuts plus some pecan halves to decorate
For the buttercream -
- 75g/ 3oz butter, softened
- 150g/ 6oz icing sugar
- 2tbsp chicory and coffee essence
Pre-heat oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5
Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, continue beating and add eggs (1 at a time) and mix well.
Add the coffee essence and mix lightly.
Fold in flour, baking powder and nuts
Spoon mixture in oiled fairy cake/ muffin tins or place paper cases into the fairy cake/ muffin tins.
Bake for approx. 8-12 minutes (or until brown, push a strew into a small cake and if it comes out clean the little cake is cooked). Remove from oven and leave to cool.
To make coffee buttercream - Beat together softened butter with sifted icing sugar adding the coffee essence, beat until combined and smooth.
Cover each little cake (when cooled) with buttercream and add a half pecan for decoration
Enjoy this cake and coffee treat : )Pin It