Plum and Almond Tarts
- For the frangipane
Shortcrust pastry purchased or made
- 4oz/ 100grams Butter
- 4oz/ 100grams Caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 4oz/ 100grams Ground Almonds
- For the filling
- Approximately 3 plums (you may need more or less plums depending on size and type used)
- Oven temperature 200C/400F/Gas Mark6
Roll out (or unwrap) and cut your pastry into squares (removing the corners) I wanted a rustic look, you can use purchased pastry or make your own (shortcrust is very easy to make, I used the same recipe as the rhubarb and strawberry pie)
Bake blind = Cook for 8 minutes I used a Yorkshire pudding tray with another on top to keep the pastry flat you do not want to brown the pastry as you will be returning it to the oven later.
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add mixture to blind baked pastry
Remove the stones from approximately 3 plums and cut each one in half. Cut the halves into slices and divide between the tarts pushing into the frangipane mixture.
- Bake until golden and frangipane is springy with touched.
- Serve warm with cream or creme fraiche