Friday 29 June 2007

Little cakes

I try at the weekends to make proper meals and sometimes even get time to make tasty desserts and cakes. Also for birthdays and parties I make something nice. So I decided to record these on this blog. I will try to add recipes when I can.

These mini cakes I made last weekend.
The recipe can be increased for larger cakes.


Basic little cake recipe

Pre-heat oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5

Beat 2.5 oz softened butter with 2.5 oz caster sugar together, add 1 eggs and mix well.

Fold in 3 oz self-raising flour, Add 1tbsp milk & 1 tsp vanilla extract

Spoon mixture in oiled fairy cake/ muffin tins or place paper cases into the fairy cake/ muffin tin s.

Bake for approx. 8-12 minutes (or until brown, push a strew into a small cake and if it comes out clean the little cake is cooked). Remove from oven and leave to cool.

To make buttercream - Beat together 2oz softened unsalted butter with 3oz sifted icing sugar (I used organic unbleached icing sugar which makes a creamy caramel coloured icing with a mild caramel taste).

Cover each little cake (when cooled) with buttercream and leave plain or add your chosen decoration. I added chocolate shapes to a few cakes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...