Sunday 2 March 2014

Apple and Blueberry Pies

It was my birthday recently and I popped into TK Max for a scarf as a present/ treat for myself, but I went to the household section first and found a baking tray with apple shapes and a matching set of apple cutters and they were half price :) so I bought them instead of the scarf.



One problem with the matching cutters was only one cutter (there are 5 in the pack) fit the tray.  This matching cutter cut the bottom pastry shape for the pie, I had to adjust a smaller shaped cutter for the lids to fit.





Apple and Blueberry Pies
  • 1 Sheet puff pastry (made or bought)
  • 1 Large cooking apple
  •  A few handfuls of blueberries 
  •  Sugar to taste (1 used about 1 heaped teaspoon as the blueberries were very sweet)
  •  1 teaspoon cinnamon
  •  1 heaped teaspoon cornflour
Preheat oven at 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6
Prepare baking tray (You can use a normal baking tray with rounds, I just wanted to try my new tray)

    Peel and dice the apple and put in a bowl with the blueberries, sugar and cinnamon, mix to together.








    Cut out pastry shapes and put into baking tray, divide up the apple mixture and add.

    Cut pie lids (you may need to re-roll your pastry)
    Wet the edges and place onto the baking tray pressing to edges to seal. Using a fork stab each pie lid (to let the steam out  as the pies cook)
    Cook until golden brown.

    Serve hot or cold with custard, ice-cream or cream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...