Sunday 13 March 2011

Quick and Easy Apple Tart


Ingredients :

Un-roll if bought or roll our if home made the pastry and use to line a prepared baking tray (I use non-stick sheet)
Score (to score make a shallow cut, don't go all the way through the pastry) about 2.5cm/ 1inch all around the pastry, this will make walls of the tart.


Wet the corners of the pastry and fold each one together.





Spread the apple compote onto the pastry (I usually use cool apple compote but experiment and used it warm as the tart was going straight in the oven after adding the the sliced apple with no problems)




Peel the apple, and slice thinly. Add on to compote as shown on the picture, sprinkle with cinnamon or vanilla sugar (or spice of choice).
Preheat oven at 200 - 220°C.





Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the pastry's cooked and golden.






You can eat this warm or leave to cool completely and store in fridge until you're ready to eat it.

Pin It

6 comments:

Marguerite said...

This apple tart looks so delicious! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for following. It's nice to meet you!

Cooking Gallery said...

I love apple tarts, especially with vanilla ice cream, yum...!!

kitchen flavours said...

It has been quite sometime since I last had an apple tart! Yours look really good. Thank you for following my blog. Have a lovely day.

Jean said...

thanks for the step by step photos...your apple tart looks so inviting and mouthwatering!

Unknown said...

Thank you for signing up to follow my blog! I now follow yours too. I am looking forward to all the creative recipes you will be making; if they are anything like this recipe, I will love them!

Linda

Giveaway
Link

Jacqui' said...

this looks fantastic!! Apple tarts are love =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...