Thursday 17 March 2011

Petit Pois Cupcakes

I popped into Selfridges Oxford Street on Wednesday (I have been looking for the new baked and delicious magazine still can not get a copy) plus Petit Pois Cakes were launching their new healthy cupcakes range.
With half the calories and fat of ‘normal’ high-street cakes they are gluten and lactose free. They replace the butter with vegetables using grated pumpkin, courgette or beetroot which soften rather than stiffen over time (how has the power to keeps cupcakes for long and resist not eatting them?), meaning the cakes stay moist longer.
I tried a sample of a vanilla cupcake, the sponge was light & moist with a nice texture, they have a thin layer of icing with a marzipan pea on top (I was wondering what the peas were made of when I first saw the cakes) I think the only downside was the price tag £5.00 for 2 cakes maybe if they get them into more places the price will go down.

2 comments:

Deliah's Deli said...

hi :) really wonderful space you got going here :)

Anonymous said...

I bought them for a friend's birthday we must have been in the Selfridges on the same day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...