- 8 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 finely sliced spring onions (scallions)
- 2 - 3 teaspoons English mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (or lemon if you can not get a lime)
- The grated zest from1 unwaxed lime (or lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey, to taste(depending on how sweet the carrots are)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Grate the carrots into ribbons or long strips into a large bowl (you can use a peeler for this) and add the sliced spring onions and chopped parsley.
In a small bowl mix the mustard, lime, oils, honey, vinegar and salt mix well, taste to see if it needs more honey or mustard.
Add the oil mix to the carrots and mix making sure the carrots are evenly coated in the oil/ mustard mixture.
Leave for a couple of hours for all the flavours to combine, you may find the carrots shrink that is OK.
Serve in a large bowl or small individual bowls sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and lightly mix in just before serving.
Experiment adding different herbs, mustards and oils