Thursday 14 August 2014

The Great British Bake Off

The Great British Bake Off is back on TV (its the second week already), its moved from BBC 2 to BBC 1, I nearly missed it! (it is also available to watch on the BBC player)
So I decided to make some cake to eat while watching it, this Victoria sandwich recipe is from the wonderful Mary Berry's website. OK I halved the recipe and made one cake round and chopped it in half as there were only 2 of to eat it. I also added a little vanilla paste to the cake mix and made a vanilla buttercream instead of what looks like fresh cream (its missing from the recipe but the photo looks like it has whipped cream. So here's the photo of my cake and very tasty it was :)
Next week is bread week so I am planning to make Paul Hollywoods focaccia bread recipe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...